Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Works for me Wednesday and some Grocery Tips

This week the topic is recipes with 5 ingredients or less. There are already over 300 entries to scan over and pick up some new quick and easy recipes. Click here to go to that post. I am excited to take a look. I am going to share one that we like.

Slush
4 Cups sugar
3 Ounce Jell-o, flavor of your choice
2 Liter Sprite
11 Cups water
46 Ounce Pineapple Juice

Boil 4 cups of water with the sugar until dissolved. Then add Jell-o. Add pineapple juice. Add 7 more cups of water and mix. Freeze this mixture. Take out of freezer about one hour before you plan to serve it so that it will become slushy. mix with Spirte and serve.

I also wanted to share a few grocery tips that I found in the newest copy of LDS living. I don't know why it had never occurred to me to freeze these two items: Milk or Eggs! If there is a good sale on milk or if you are leaving town and it will spoil before you return, you can freeze it. Just be sure to remove about a cup from a full jug to allow for expansion. And eggs - you know when they come on sale for a great deal around Easter or occasionally just on sale for whatever reason, well you can break them open and store them in a Ziploc bag. I will let you know if I find other helpful tidbits in this article when I have time to finish reading it.

No comments: