Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Grocery Shopping!


Another couple of trips to Albertsons today. I know... I need to get a life! I went early this morning to get in on the fruit snack deal where I got 25 boxes of fruit snacks for $2.50 plus tax. (YES - a dime each!!) This was by using the catalina that prints out after you buy in sets of 5 and some coupons I printed off the internet. When I was there early this morning I hadn't had time to figure out what else I could get for good deals on sale so after the kids were at school I matched up my coupons and went back and got the following 63 items for $51.98 pre tax and rolling my catalinas. I was stoked because I will be turning in my receipts for the Kraft promo for the oreos with another receipt from a prior sale which will get me a $20 rebate. My 63 items are as follows: 5 downy fabric softener, 10 panteen hairspray, 1 dawn dish soap, 1 pringles chips, 1 fabreeze, 1 gallon milk, 2 cartons sour cream, 10 packages of oreos, 8 Smart Ones frozen items, 1 egg beaters, 2 peanut butter, 1 popcorn, 2 manwich, 4 diced tomatoes, 8 rotel tomatoes, 4 pork & beans, 2 steam & mash potatoes~! I think I will send in my other receipts to Proctor and Gamble to get the $100 coupon book when you send in $50 receipts in their products. Now... hopefully I can let this sale go and do something else besides hang out at Albies... but I bet I'll find more deals to cash in on and go back before the sale ends.

I had a comment on the previous post that asked how I get so many coupons... Well, I get 5 Sunday papers each week and then I have two computers so I can usually print 2 of each coupon on each computer for a total of 4 of each coupon. I send for any offers that I can find as well as sign up for any offers that I find online that work for me. The site that is my "go to" for matching the sales with the coupons is Pinching Your Pennies.

1 comment:

Leilanie said...

Thanks for answering my question!

Wow, seems like you have it all down! I need to start a system for me too. I'm getting married soon and will no longer be my dad's dependent. He's in the military so that means no more cheap groceries from the commissary! Thanks again for answering my question. Off to find some great deals...!