Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Five for Today

1. Productive Monday - I forced myself to be very productive yesterday. I went to the home show last week and got really behind in my own home by doing so. There were a couple of the homes that I really liked, but some of them were just over the top. It was good that this year, I was able to come home and be happy with my own home Ü Anyway... I did 6 big loads of laundry and some house work. It is kind of fun (if you can call house work fun) to do a "home blessing hour." This is an idea that I got off of http://www.flylady.net/ The idea is that you make a list of 6 house cleaning tasks that each take 10 minutes, then you quickly get them done. I try to pick the 6 items that make the biggest visual impact after the weekend. In addition to my domestic duties in the home, I made a quick run to the grocery store and put in my 30 minutes helping with centers in Savannah's kindergarten class. Oh and then I got on to http://www.winkflash.com/ and ordered some pictures. They have a deal going right now for 6 cent prints.

2. Christmas shopping - Yep... gotta start thinking about it again. I was excited to come upon one of my family's favorites at the grocery store yesterday. I know that I told you I'd share all my good grocery deals, but this one I am keeping to myself. I bought 3 cases of this great deal. There were 24 in a case and they were 25 cents each, making the case $6. Whahoo! My neighbor/family friend gifts are purchased. You will just have to wait until the season is upon us and then we'll see if I remember to post what I gave my neighbors. Now all of you who are my neighbors will know how "thrifty" I am Ü Today I went to Deseret Book and got some really cute wall hangings to give as family gifts. I know there is a chance my SIL will check my blog and see this, but oh well. The rest of her family gift will be a surprise. I was hoping they'd have these on their web site, but the image is not available. You'll have to take my word that they are soooo cute and better still they are on sale for less than $9 each. Maybe later this week I'll take a picture and post it.

3. A bit of gratitude - I must say that I am so thankful to be able to be a stay at home mother. I love being here when they come home from school. I love having time to do my housework and even a bit of my hobbies. I remember the days when I worked - what I don't remember is how I managed to do it. I am especially grateful for the quiet time that I get each school day for 3 hours. It took a long time to get them all in school and I must say it is worth the wait. I decided to try a temple session while Savannah was at kindergarten today. I wasn't sure that I could get home before the bus brought the darlings home, but I did. I am now planning to attend the temple each Thurs at the 1:00 session. I know that there will be times when I won't be able to make it, but I'm going to try to do most Thursdays. I am not posting this to boast... I am posting this to let you know that I really do need to go to the temple more for self improvement and I also post this to invite any of you who live locally to join me. I'll admit that one of my motivations in increasing my temple attendance is to show Clayne that I really do need to be able to stay home because if I worked I wouldn't have time to do my temple work as well Ü Not that he is thinking of sending me back to work - but I'm gonna make sure he doesn't think of it.

4. There was quite a buzz on my posting for my yummy chocolate chip cookies and also some requests for the yummy gingersnaps. Not only do these taste fabulous, but they make your home smell so "fall."

Gingersnaps

4 Cups Flour

2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Ginger
2 tsp Cloves
2 tsp Soda
1 ½ tsp Salt
¾ Cup Shortening
¾ Cup Margarine
2 Cups Granulated Sugar

2 Eggs
¼ Cup Molasses

Sift dry ingredients together and set aside. Cream shortening, margarine and sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Roll into walnut size balls then roll in granulated sugar to coat. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes 4 ½ dozen.


5. Almost Wednesday - Are you getting excited? Are you anticipating the great deals? Ready to grocery shop? Be sure to check on Wednesday when I'll share what I find noteworthy in the grocery ads.

No comments: