Sunday, May 11, 2008

Women's Conference

I was fortunate to be able to attend Women's Conference at BYU Provo a week ago. As always, it was a very wonderful experience. I attended with two of my friends Kathy and Trina. We had a great time eating out and shopping while on this girls trip as well. My favorite sentence from the talks I heard was, "If it is in the Mother's Heart, it is in the Mother's Home." A wonderful sentence to share with you on Mother's day. I do hope you are all having a beautiful day. I have to say that mine is a little less than picture perfect - but hey that is life! My kids were super rotten in church today. Ever have those days yourself?

One more thing I would like to share about Women's Conference is how amazing it was to have our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, give the closing remarks at the end of the Friday session. We all stood as he entered the Marriot Center and started singing the song We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet. I was so overwhelmed with the experience that I could hardly sing. The spirit was so strong. I knew I had a testimony of him being our prophet before, but it was amazing to have the spirit flood over me while I stood in his presence. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet of God upon the earth today. I know that he leads God's true Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If you want to learn more about our church, click here.

1 comment:

Me - Jen said...

OH I wish I went. Sounds like you had an amazing time, learning, shopping and eating. Does it get any better than that?