Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Hubby!


So today my fabulous husband, Clayne turns 45. Other than his hair turning white - I would never think he could be that age since he has such a baby face and of course since I am no where near his age lol. He is 6 years older than me but if I believe he is 45 this year - it means I will be turning 39 this year and I just can't get a handle on that idea.

There are many things that I love and admire about him. I am just going to pick two things about him that I wish were traits of mine. First: He can fall to sleep within just minutes of his head hitting the pillow. I think this is so unfair since it takes me forever to turn off my brain and fall asleep. Maybe that is what keeps him looking so young... he never misses his Zzzz's. Second: He is not a fighter. When we first married this used to make me so mad. I came from a family that said what was on our mind and we often had a good little "fight" in my growing up home, but Clayne would never fight with me. He would calmly sit there and hear me out while I let all my frustration out and then would quietly ask if I was finished. Grrrr it would make me so angry. Now I know that is one of the things I love about him and it is what I can expect and it is wonderful that I can just get what is in my head out. Often that is all it takes - just saying it out loud. Now after all these years, I only wish that I had this trait and could be more mellow. Guess that is what makes us work together as a couple though. He is easy going and I am high strung. I am just glad that he loves me and that he chose to be my companion in this crazy life. Happy Birthday Honey - I love you!
(elements used in the blip above are from Ziggle Designs, "and you smell like one, too!")

1 comment:

Shelly B. said...

Happy Birthday Clayne!