Friday, January 9, 2009

Project 365 Day 9

OK so today is the opposite of yesterday - well kind of. The prompt was to take a picture of something that isn't pleasant. Today I decided to clean my neglected bathrooms. Anyone with a few young boys knows why this job is not pleasant. It isn't that I mind cleaning - it is just that there are so many other things that I would rather do with my time. Aren't you glad I didn't take a picture of the unclean toilet lol. Here is a quote for this picture that I have always loved.
EXCUSE THIS HOUSE Some houses try to hide the fact That children shelter there; Ours boasts of it quite openly, The signs are everywhere. For smears are on the windows, Little smudges on the doors; I should apologize, I guess, For toys strewn on the floor. But I sat down with the children And we played and laughed and read; And if the doorbell doesn't shine, Their eyes will shine instead. For when at times I'm forced to choose The one job or the other; I'd like to cook and clean and scrub, But first I'll be a mother.

5 comments:

Shanda said...

I Love this post! Your saying at the bottom is soooooooooooooo true!!

Emily said...

Love your 365 day project. So fun to read everyday!

Me - Jen said...

I am loving this PROJECT of yours. It is so good to hear from you everyday and see what you are up to. I wish I had your energy!!

Janiel said...

I am just loving your 365 project! Its so fun to get a little glimps into peoples day to day life. Ditto on the boys and bathrooms. Gross, gross, gross! Loved the thought you added at the bottom. Just had to print it off and put it on the fridge! Also, my mom is loving your prompt ideas and was wondering where you have found each picture idea.

Krista said...

Great quote! Love that with your picture for today! LOL
I had no idea you were a nurse too:) Just wanted to say hi