Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! and a couple freebie links

I want to take a moment to wish you all a Happy New Year. Our celebration was pretty low key- but it was fun. Clayne chaperoned the Church youth activity and accompanied Cheyenne there. They were home about 9:30 though cuz they don't let the 13 year olds stay at the party til midnight. I took the remaining 3 kids out to dinner at Wendy's and then we went to the discount movie theater to see the movie Bolt. It was way cute and I'm sure we'll end up buying it to add to our movie collection. When we were all home again we celebrated together with a dish of egg nog ice cream- so yummy! Then we watched a bit of the TV New Year special and at a little after 10 we put on our party hats, blew our noise maker horns and popped the confetti poppers. It makes such a mess but the kids love it. We then spent an hour cleaning up all the confetti lol. We were all in bed sound asleep before midnight. Hope your New Year was good too. I haven't yet transferred my photos to my computer from last night but I did a little page up from last year's pictures and it would likely look much the same as this years.

As for new year goals. I don't like the idea of having to sit down and write them up just because it is the 1st day of a new year. Instead I let them evolve over the first few weeks. I am too busy with Christmas to give them proper thought prior to the 1st so I do it afterwards. I do know that I plan to participate in project 365 - taking a photo each day to document the year so watch for my posts about that - or don't watch if you think you have better things to do lol.


I made this layout using the kit below. You can click on the image to pick it up on sale 40% off. Scroll down a bit more and you will find the freebie mini kit that coordinates and if you click on it you can go to Mandy's blog and pick it up.

And here is the cute freebie to click on.Ziggle Designs put out a fantastic grab bag. Until the 15th it will be just $3. After that it will be revealed and you will have to pay for each item separately in the Market. There are items in the bag that are more "boyish" so don't get the idea from my layout below that it is just a "girl" kit. I just loved the part of the grab bag that was "Shabby Garden." You will definitely want to head over to the CT blog to get a free pack of coordinating paper. SO CUTE! Scroll down to see my sneak peak layout and to click on the image of the Shabby Garden paper to take you to the CT blog where you can get it for FREE!

My good friend Shelly Brown took this photo for me. Isn't it darling. She rocks. Thanks Shelly! Click here to check out her photography blog.

No comments: