Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Happy Fall

It was great to wake up to fall again. The air is crisp and there is no snow on our lawn anymore. The sun is shining too Ü Here are a few things to bring in the fall season. I love the monthly check lists at Get Organized Now http://www.getorganizednow.com/cl-month.html I could only wish that I was organized enough to do all of these things. I do try to do at least a half dozen of them and not necessarily on the day that it is listed. I do them when I feel like it. Here are some that I have either already done this month or am planning to do.


  1. Oct 5 Take a drive in the country. The trees are changing into beautiful shades of fall. It is a great time to enjoy the scenery of Mother Nature.

  2. Oct 17 Pick one thing in your house that drives you bonkers--overflowing junk drawer, pots are hard to find in the cupboard--and fix it. Enjoy a cup of coffee (or your favorite beverage) on your recliner as a treat for your accomplishment.

  3. Oct 18 Make something with your children whether it is a batch of cookies or a craft project. Get them involved in a project from start to finish.

  4. Oct 22 Apples are in season and at their peak. Time to make an apple pie, apple crisp, anything apple!

  5. Oct 26 Upload the digital photographs you have stored on memory cards and show them to your friends and family.

Today I plan to make something crafty to decorate my home with. I found this cute idea. I plan to use the fake craft pumpkins and artificial flowers to make mine so I can use it more than this year. Michael's has the pumpkins 50% off this week and fall floral stems for $1. I'll post my finished project when I get it done. Here is the one I am basing my rendition on. Here is the link http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/nbrcontent.do?contentType=op&articleId=ar063 This is a fun site with lots more good ideas.

And here are some ideas on getting ready for Halloween. Gotta start planning now, if you haven't already started. This is from www.ineedmoretime.com

It's that spooky time of year. Try these tips to make it go more smoothly this year:

* Decide how many bags of candy you'll need, and buy them now. Don't wait until Beggar's Night.

* Set a costume deadline. For example, make everyone in your household decide, by October 15th, what they'll be for Halloween.

* List all the Halloween parties and events you and/or your family will attend this year. Make sure you have the necessary supplies.

* Set up a Halloween container in your storage area for decoration and costumes that will be used again in the future.

* Look in your local paper for fun community activities such as pumpkin patches, hayrides and haunted houses.

Last of all. Take a minute to laugh and listen to the MOM song. Just be sure to pause the music box I have on my blog so you can hear this fun song.

1 comment:

Wendy Sue said...

Fun links and ideas, Tiffany! Can't wait to see your finished pumpkin/flower project. :o)